10.22.2011

Silveira's Touch Photography: Featured Photographer, week 6

Silveira’s Touch Photography
Location Photographer
Serves: Most of NJ, NYC and PA
Online: Web/Blog and Facebook 
Market: Families, Newborn, Children & Maternity

-------------- *** -------------



Go to gear: In my bag I have my Canon 5D Mark II, Lens: 24-70L, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4 and I always carry the back up camera Canon Rebel xt1i just in case.


Business Story: in 2009 when I became a SAHM, I decided to take photography to the next level in my life. Not having many Images of my dad, as he was taken from us too soon, drove my love for Photography/Art so much stronger. I am always with the camera at hand capturing stories in my life and families. Creating Art with my own hands was something I’ve always dreamed of. So with all this burst of passion for Photography I started to read books, learn the mechanics of it, self taught every thing I know. Joined forums, learned from other photographers, took their criticism and started my own path. Today, 2 years later, Silveira’s Touch Photography has met some amazing people, each with unique interesting stories beautiful in their own way. I have captured their true essence in art as I see it. I have learned from the mistakes I’ve made. All this boosts my drive to continue learning and achieving in what I love and grow.


Photography Style: My style is natural, fun, calm and relaxed. I love vivid images; it brings out happiness to me. My eyes light up when clients shows up with vivid colors.


New Pro Advice: Learn the mechanics of photography and business side. Anyone can take a photo but knowing what you’re doing takes time, a lot of reading and practice. Spend time mastering your work. Be your biggest critique and learn to see what areas you need the most help with. Be aware of lighting and value your work because if you don’t, neither will others. Be unique and yourself, clients wants to know the real you. Don’t be intimidated by who is better then you instead let it be your drive. BE POSITIVE and LOVE what you do. Photography comes from the heart.


Favorite Photography Memory: I have so many favorites. My sons milestones captured right in front of my eyes. Every time I go to a session and meet a new family it becomes a favorite photography memory too. Some that comes to mind, photographing twins running around chasing bubbles and giggling screaming my name to catch them. A daddy walking along side his little girl and chatting away as she held his pinky finger. It truly makes it amazing to do what I do.


Session Attire: Casual- I am either wearing Jeans/Black pants or capris with a white top or black top. When capturing kids you want to be comfortable but presentable. I never where a bright top because I have learned that it will reflect back on the images I capture.


Session Prep: The night before session I make sure that all my batteries are charged, clean my lens, SD cards. Go over my list in what I need for the session. With newborn sessions I load my car the night before with all the necessary props. I use Pinterest to look up inspirational shots for all sessions. I try to arrive to the location a bit early to set up or to walk around and get ideas for the shoot.


Inspiration: Little Moon Photography, Ajaton Joki – Fine Portraits, Laura Winslow Photography, Keri Meyers Photography, love admiring their work.


Really makes a difference: Shooting RAW and using Lightroom.  




or 

4 comments:

  1. Great article and beautiful photos! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration. Love how she talks about the importance of knowing the mechanics and being yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there...just wondering how to get sharper photos with the 50mm 1.4 lens...i have a canon 5d mark ii and the 50mm 1.4...for some reason i can't get the focus in the right place, and even when i do the sharpness isn't tack sharp...i can't seem to master getting the eyes very crisp...
    i didn't have this problem with my canon rebel, but i do know it's me and not the equipment...i just want to get it right...
    thanks

    ReplyDelete