9.30.2011

Urban Trend: Featured Photographer, week 3

Urban Trend
::Hugghin's Photography Senior Division::
Studio and Location Photographer
Online: Facebook and Website
Serves: Gwinnett and Athens, GA areas
Market: Seniors
Go to gear: Canon! I shoot with a 5D and LOVE my 85 1.8. I'm working on upgrading my current 50mm.


I decided to start my senior division last year after a few family friends asked me about doing them. I got so busy with kids and babies that it got pushed to the backburner. 

This year, I started planning in January, knowing I wanted to launch it in the summer. I made a list of everything I wanted to do- branding, names, colors, blog posts, even picking potential models. 

I wanted it to look similar to my main brand, but still be able to stand on its own. I was lucky enough to find an amazing make-up artist who set me up with some lovely teens to help me build my style and portfolio. It all went really well and we have had a ton of interest since its launch in July!

Our main focus is to make these high schoolers feel like they too can look like the girls they see in their favorite magazines. I love to show them that no matter what their size or style, they will love their portraits! I struggled a bit with my own self-esteem as a teen, always being the tall and lanky girl, but now it really helps me demonstate poses! My favorite part is during the shoot when I show them a really great shot on my camera and they say "What? Is that how hot I look? I didn't think I could look like that!" It's just the best!

We continue to work on styled and themed shoots to help set ourselves apart from every other senior photog around. I want girls to know that their senior portraits can be so much more! We just finished up a super fun "Back To School" shoot with a junior from a local private school.

We designed the wardrobe, and with the help of my fantastic make up artist and an amazing location, we created an editorial type feel to the shoot. We were able to experiment with posing and makeup, so it was very helpful as well as fun! As with the last few of our styled shoots, we give the models a bunch of Facebook photos to show off and their friends have been raving over them!

We gained a majority of our fans through them and have received several inquiries. We will even be doing a "Sweet 16" shoot in a few weeks! I have been loving how dynamic this division has become! We hope to do so much more in the coming months with the new brand! I can't wait to begin our new Rep Program this Spring! I am loving these girls and hope to do seniors as a majority of my business in 2012!

Lovin' that Urban Trend feel? 
Visit them on Facebook! 


and Check out their Website!

9 comments:

  1. Fun photography! I can tell that the girls' confidence is high in the sessions, and that says a lot for the photographer. I love how she took the time to plan getting into senior photography instead of just jump right in and figure it out as she went along. Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write up and some beautiful photos. Very useful info. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some beautiful images here! love the lightness of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the images! Seniors are soo fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Pictures, great styling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Love the idea of creating a separate brand for senior and it was done so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are awesome, I love the color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all! Can't wait to read the other features!

    ReplyDelete